Settlers 'block entrance' to Nablus village
Published Wednesday 28/03/2012 (updated) 02/04/2012 15:42
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Dozens of Israeli settlers blocked the entrance to a village near Nablus on Wednesday, officials said.
Palestinian Authority official Ghassan Doughlas told Ma'an that residents of Itamar and Elon Moreh settlements arrived at Beit Dajan in around 15 cars and closed the main gate to the village.
The settlers were protesting the reopening of the main road from Beit Dajan to Nablus a day earlier, Doughlas said.
The road had been closed by the Israeli military for 12 years, forcing villagers to take long detours to reach Nablus, the nearest city.
Doughlas said Israeli forces arrived and dispersed the settlers.
An Israeli military spokeswoman did not immediately return a call seeking comment.